The KDL Group of Companies offers Forestry and other consulting services based out of the northern region of British Columbia. KDL provides services to governments, industries and Indigenous clients in forestry and other natural resource sectors. The KDL Forestry divisions offers a challenging and rewarding career experience in a respectful, safe and healthy work environment.
This is a full-time field position that is hands-on with limited office work. The successful candidate will assist our current team of professionals with carrying out a broad array of forestry service.
Note: the KDL Forestry work projects are located throughout northern BC and may require campshifts.
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- GPS traversing
- Road and block layout
- Riparian classification
- Stream classification
- Timber cruising
- Site Plan (SP) Data collection
- Timber reconnaissance
- Field crew training and supervision
- Valid class 5 driver’s license required
- 2 years plus of previous experience in related work
- Post-Secondary education in the natural sciences and/or technical forestry is preferred
- Registered with the ABCFP is an asset
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to travel and work in an outdoor environment in remote locations
- Able to work cooperatively in a team, but also independently with little supervision
- Physically fit to endure the rigors of full-time fieldwork in all conditions
- Safe work mindset is required
- Full Time work in a Safe Work Environment
- Competitive Total Compensation Package
- On-going Professional Mentoring and Training
- Working in the context of a larger professional group within a broader forestry and operational logging context
- Diverse range of industrial, Indigenous clients, governments, and bio-energy sector clients
- Progressive and innovative company
For those who love to live and play where they work – the Prince George, Fort St, James and Mackenzie regions offer a bounty of recreational activities including:
fishing, hunting, hiking, biking, running, and golfing; skating, snowshoeing, cross-county skiing, downhill skiing, and curling; music festivals and art programs; ATV, snowmobile, and horseback riding; boating, camping, and more!
These communities offer affordable housing costs, low taxes, and a 1-hour direct flight to Vancouver from Prince George, BC.
Opportunity of a lifetime: Exciting Career with flexible holidays, work-life integration, and offer personal time off to help maintain balance.
Did we pique your interest?
Then email your resume including cover letter to Reception@kdlgroup.net with the subject line: Forestry Technician
We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Only those applicants eligible to work in Canada should apply
NOTE: This job article is intended to help promote an existing public posting from a third-party company. This job is not facilitated by – nor associated, endorsed or otherwise connected with – Trigvi.com in any way. To ensure the accuracy of this posting, please reach out to the company directly.
- Address Prince George
- Minimum Insurance Required 0